About Dr. Amrita Singh
Dr. Amrita Singh is a chiropractic physician as a well a contemporary medical acupuncture provider. She graduated from University of Guelph with bachelors in Adult Development and Aging. Soon after went off to D’Youville College to pursue her doctorate in chiropractic medicine. At D’Youville College she had the opportunity to take part in multidisciplinary internships with renowned hospitals and clinics, such as University of Buffalo Neurosurgery, Erie- County Medical Center and Western New York MRI clinic. Following her chiropractic education, Dr. Singh enrolled in the McMaster University Neurofunctional Acupuncture program. Since then Dr. Singh continued to sharpen her skills, she then took the Chronic Pain Management seminar at McMaster University. Dr. Singh is skilled in Neurofunctional Acupuncture, Chronic Pain Management, Gait Analysis, Diagnostic Imaging, and Athletic Rehabilitation. Dr. Singh has strong healthcare services and patient management background. Dr. Singh has been working in Burlington Ontario for the past few months and has quickly gained traction with the community. Dr. Singh continues to purse and sharpen her skills. Currently focusing on concussion prevention and management. Dr. Singh also serves as a board member to non-profit organizations in Hamilton, Ontario.
Reasons to visit Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh goal is to restore your range of motion and fix muscular imbalances. Dr. Singh focuses on your condition and applies specific treatments. Patients who often suffer from the conditions listed below often seek chiropractic care. Patients often come in with complaints of pain, declined normal joint function, muscular imbalances and are often looking for appropriate hands on care. Dr. Singh does not adjust every patient, unless your condition warrants manipulative therapy. Dr. Singh is an evidence based physician implements specific and appropriate treatment plans that best fit your condition. Whether you have disc related low back pain, sports related injuries or postural issues, there is an appropriate treatment for you. Our patients often suffer from work place injuries, vehicle accidents, sports injuries, postural conditions and daily living activities may cause painful joints.
What is Manual Medicine?
Manual Medicine can include manipulative therapy, soft tissue mobilizations, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilizations, joint specific stretches and soft tissue conditioning. Dr. Singh aims to assess, treat, education and rehabilitate patients.
There are many reasons to seek chiropractic care:
- Back pain & Conditions
- Neck pain & Conditions
- Headache, Migraines & Vertigo
- Whiplash & MVA Conditions
- Strains and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Work injuries & WSIB
- Sports Rehab
- Post-operative Rehab
- Musculoskeletal conditions: Plantar fasciitis, Scoliosis, Tendonitis, Sciatica, Bursitis, Frozen Shoulder, Rotator Cuff tendonitis and more
- Limited range of motion in the back, shoulder, neck or limbs
- General health and well-being
Patient centered Treatments
Dr. Singh is a chiropractor in Burlington who practices manual medicine and acupuncture to provide a diagnosis, treatment and preventive care for conditions that are related to the spine and joints.
Dr. Amrita Singh uses a combination of evidence based treatments, all of which are predicated on the specific needs of the individual patient. Patients will be asked specific questions regarding their history and will be given a diagnosing. Following this Dr. Singh will develop and carry out a comprehensive treatment/management plan, recommend specific exercises and adjunctive therapies. If warranted also provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling. You will not “just be getting an adjustment”. For many conditions, such as lower back pain, chiropractic care is frequently the primary method of treatment. Dr. Singh is a chiropractic who focuses on complementing & supporting medical treatments by relieving the musculoskeletal aspects associated with the condition.
Dr. Singh has many treatment options that are specifically tailored to your condition and medical history. Dr. Singh may also recommend treatments along with a multidisciplinary approach, with a team of physiotherapists, fitness advisors and massage therapists.
Treatment can include the following:
- Cervical / Lumbar traction
- Joint Adjustments:
- Specific graded mobilizations, which can range from grade 1 – grade 5. Depending on the area that is being adjusted, a “pop” will be heard, this is gas releasing within the joint. Once the gas is released normal function and mobility in the joint is maintained.
- Medical Acupuncture & Electro-Acupuncture
- For post-operative conditions and degenerative conditions, such as knee replacements, spinal surgeries, tendon rupture, frozen shoulder etc.
- IASTM – Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- MRT – muscle release therapy
- Ultrasound/ Electrical Stimulation
- Cupping therapy
- Sports Tapping
- Custom Orthotics for conjunctive therapy, for low back, hip, knee, ankle and foot issues
- X-Ray & Diagnostic Testing
- Although not on site, we are affiliated with multiple diagnostic imaging centers in Burlington.
First Visit Expectation:
On your first visit, Dr. Singh may ask about the following:
- Personal and Family medical history
- Major illnesses you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations you have had
- Medications you are taking
- A description of your present condition
- The steps you have taken to manage your condition
- Your diet and exercise
- Your sleeping habits, daily activities, work routine, stress level, and home life
Perform the following tests:
- A check of your blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- A test of your reflexes, strength and sensations
- An analysis of your posture
- An X-ray of your spine
- An analysis of your movement — Dr. Singh will observe how you walk, turn, bend or lift things, as well as how your body moves in the affected area
- A hands-on evaluation of how well your spine moves, identifying restrictions and areas of improper motion
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes
- May be asked to change into a gown or shorts
Past Medical Exams & Reports
- Bring a copy of any X-rays or radiology reports you have. These assessments give a better picture of your complete health. Dr. Singh will make a diagnosis, prescribe a course of treatment, and once the matter of informed consent has been discussed, treatment usually begins.
- If Dr. Singh diagnoses a condition more appropriately treated by another health care professional, she will make a referral.